Which Came First: Your Habits or Your Identity?
Are you tired of trying to create new habits only to not have them stick? Have you ever wondered why it's the poor habits that always seem to take over and continue?
I recently had the pleasure of interviewing Jessica Pecush, Culinary Nutrition Expert, Certified Holistic Nutritional Consultant, and AIP Certified Coach on the relationship between our habits and our identity.
Inspired by the book Atomic Habits by James Clear, Jessica and I really dug into habits, what makes a habit, and how stepping into who you really are can make the "harder" habits easier to stick to, while also reducing stressors. What a win-win.
"If you come at this from an identity perspective, you're more likely to be successful...and oh by the way, while you do that, you're reducing your stressors"
In this interview, we talk about:
- Why habits are important
- The core of what holds people back from making new habits
- Why it's so easy to continue with poor habits, and so hard to start, or continue, with good ones
- The 3 levels of change
- What it means to change your identity, and
- 2 strategies to get started with new habits
- BONUS: how to get back more time in your day!
You can check out the full interview here.
(If you're not already a member of my free Facebook community, just request to join, answer the 3 questions when prompted, and we'll let you in shortly)
If you don't have Facebook, or prefer to view the video on YouTube, click the image below.
After watching the interview, the best thing you can do to get started is to identify one trait of the identity you want to embody more of. That's a great starting point!
#momlife or Adrenal Fatigue?
Wondering which one it is and whether or not your symptoms are really "normal"? Click the button below to find out.
Here's what's inside:
- How to raise mood-boosting hormones (...and stop living at the end of a short fuse, impatient, and unable to control reactions)
- Waking up refreshed whether it's 5 hours or 8 hours [who gets that, anyway?!]
- Learn how to kick-start energy hormones (EVEN IF the doctor says it's normal to feel tired)
- Little known secrets working moms do in order to enjoy life - even on the tough days
- How to handle whatever happens in life without overwhelm and burnout